Dear Families and Patients:
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Prior to your appointment, you will receive a COVID-19 pre-screening questionnaire in the appointment reminder via text/email to complete. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We would ask you to limit companions on your trip to the office to only essential people in order to reduce the number of people in the office.
- We will take you and your child’s temperature upon your arrival before proceeding with the appointment. Any patient or accompany adult with temperature > 100.4F will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You will need to wear a face mask when entering the office
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, iPad, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Steve Lan and Team